Friday, January 19, 2018

Greater than Words


A new day and the cold turns inward,
some untold story keeps turning in my mind.
Anguish and resentment moving forward,
we return to strength, the source of an inner light.
Love is a burning sun, somewhere the mind,
waiting there for my heart's delight.

The mind filled with endless concern,
judgement testing limits, trying our patience.
Am I the same? If not, how might I return,
how might the days go back to those yesteryears?
I linger here inside my ever fading presence,
too distant even for shedding tears.

Our practice makes perfect in theory,
but our hearts and minds experience the pain.
Living day after year, hearts grow weary,
and soon look quietly for strength in one another.
When all else has faded away, I shall remain,
finding hope, one day after another.

My trust is here and with you always,
from the beginning, yesterday and tomorrow.
Listen closely to a heart, hear what it says,
sometimes silence says more than any single word.
Your beauty and joy is greater than sorrow,
the sweetest heart I have ever heard.


Brian Francis Hudon
January 19, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment