Monday, March 13, 2017

Every Reason


My heart rests in another room,
in sleep and dreaming for another day.
Apart from me and somewhere soon,
she rises with the hope to greet the sun.
Some new beginning some might say,
where new life has already begun.

They say I have not seen the sea,
yet I have and know it's you my friend.
All I've been and that I might yet be,
in beautiful dreams that reside with you.
I look to them for wisdom in the end,
and new courage to do what I do.

I'm home again as never before,
home at journey's end though restless.
Today I have found myself and more,
and home is of the heart, a home in love.
So new my world leaves me breathless,
and my dreams like the stars above.

So what might tomorrow bring,
coming like news on the morning light.
And with new songs, birds shall sing,
like some sign of spring and a new reason.
I know too sweetly my heart's delight,
and will rejoice at her every season.


Brian Francis Hudon
March 13, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment