Thursday, August 18, 2016

The Best of Me


How to say, you're the best of me,
my words can only fail, though I might try.
You're the friend I should hope to be,
yet yours I'll be through all my earthly days.
At the beginning, at the end, and why?
You still charm me with your ways.

My heart should sing - be you near,
where this happiness should embrace me.
I have crossed the bridge of every fear,
where my heart waited uncertain and alone.
Never content, should life leave me be,
your kindness took me for its own.

Hold fast - if loves holds you high,
you're both brave and beautiful and more.
Do not fear where any danger may lie,
you are strong, be the light in the darkness.
And so I hold you near, as ever before,
my friend in hope and my gladness. 

Our day is awesome and a mystery,
we don't know what tomorrow will bring.
More places to go - more places to see,
and you my dear friend, you keep me steady.
Do not worry about every little thing,
all will be right if our time is ready.


Brian Francis Hudon
August 18, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment