Thursday, April 28, 2016

All the Wonders


Be I fun or the serious one,
I am what I am in all seriousness.
And I finish what I have begun,
patient with both emotion and time.
For truly this is serious business,
exposing my heart in rhyme.

Might I seem dull and grey,
I do not know, but I shall see you.
For all the brilliance of the day,
seeks it brilliant colors through you.
And I, I will understand this too,
with all the wonders you do.

What is mine is always yours,
little though it be, my treasures.
How your heart opens doors,
and brings smiles, their own reward.
So it is in your joys and pleasures,
I seek solace going forward.

In the warmth of your hand,
or the blue of your eye, a haven.
A morning sun greets the land,
and finds no disappointment in you.
Says the midday light so brazen,
stay the course, remain true.

Although our winter's long,
we're resilient and stronger still.
Please say that I'm not wrong,
and please say tender bonds remain.
For friendship is the greater will,
in hearts so honest and plain.


Brian Francis Hudon
April 28, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment